MGS-550 Gas and Refrigerant Detector
The gas detector MGS-550 can be equipped with up to 2 sensors to detect various refrigerants, flammable gases or toxic gases.
- Variable design for one or two sensors
- Remote sensors
- Analog output (4-20 mA, 0-5V, 1-5V, 0-10V, 2-10V)
- Digital interface RS485 - MODBUS
- 3 relays (pre-alarm, main alarm, error)
- Magnetic wand for easy operation and adjustment of the device - enclosure does not have to be opened!
- 3 status LEDs and a 5-digit numeric LED display
- Detects most refrigerants (CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, HFOs), including HFO1234YF, HFO1234ZE, R410a & R22
- Optional duct mounting kit
- Meets the requirements of EN378
Variable gas detector for numerous applications
The MGS-550 gas detector/gas transmitter is a flexible and easy-to-use gas detector that can be easily adapted to a variety of demanding applications. The MGS-550 gas detector series has an IP66 housing, can be equipped with up to 2 sensors and is user configurable.
Various sensor technologies, such as electrochemical sensors, semiconductors, catalytic sensors or infrared sensors, are used. The sensors are either attached to the housing or they can also be connected as remote sensors. A variety of refrigerants, flammable and toxic gases can be detected.
The MGS-550 can also be easily connected to the MGS-408 gas warning center or to a central BMS control unit (MODBUS). Of course, it can also be used as a stand-alone device, as alarm devices can also be controlled directly on site by means of the three installed relays.
The simple sensor replacement is another plus. A sensor can be installed on site by the user himself at any time. This means that the MGS-550 can also be converted from a 1 sensor device to a 2 sensor device on site. In addition, a sensor can also be replaced with another sensor, so that the conversion to another refrigerant does not pose any problems for the user. The user can simply install another sensor that detects the new refrigerant.
The two analog outputs can be assigned redundantly or specifically to a sensor. The simple program structure allows easy installation and maintenance.
The following gases can be detected:
- R32, R134a, R404a, R407a, R407c, R407f, R410a, R422a, R422d, R427a, R448a, R449a, R452a, R507, R513a, HFO1234YF, HFO1234ZE, R717 / NH3 ammonia, R290 propane, R600 butane, CH4 methane, C2H4 ethylene, CO carbon dioxide, CO carbon monoxide, O2 oxygen, LPG, NO2 nitrogen dioxide
If you need to detect other gases, please ask us.
- Sensors: Electrochemical sensors, semiconductors, catalytic sensors or infrared sensors
- Number of sensors: 1 or 2
- Mounting method of the sensors: Local on the housing or remote
- Protection class: IP66
- Power supply: 24VDC / 24VAC, 8W (max.)
- Display: 5-digit, 7-segment red LED display and green status LEDs
- Audible alarm: 80db @ 10 cm
- Analog output: 4 - 20mA / 0 - 5 V / 0 - 10 V / 1 - 5 V / 2 - 10 V
- Digital output: MODBUS RTU via RS485
- Relays: 3 relays; SPDT; User configurable; 2A @ 30VDC; 0.25A @ 240VAC
- Alarm delay: 0 - 15 minutes; User configurable
- Temperature: -40°C to +50°C (semiconductor, IR, catalytic); -20°C to +50°C (electrochemical); NH3 -20°C (-40°C) to +40°C
- Ambient condition: 5-90% rh, non-condensing
- Altitude: up to 3050m
- Dimensions: 210 x 225 x 85 mm
- Weight: 1 kg
- Approvals: CE, UL, CSA, IEC, EN 61010-1
Scope of delivery
- Gas detector MGS-550
- Operating instructions
IM Env. Equip. Germany GmbH reserves the right to make technical changes.