MGS-450 Gas- / Refrigerant Detector
Product no.: 6302-1101
MGS-450 GAS AND REFRIGERANT DETECTOR
The MGS-400 series consists of three different model types, the MGS-410, MGS-450, MGS-460 and two optional control units, the MGS-402 and MGS-408 controllers.
With the MGS-450, refrigeration systems (machine rooms, cooling systems, cold rooms, etc.) are reliably and permanently monitored for leaks.
- MGS-400 APP – Configuration & maintenance of detectors via simple app (App Store / Google Play)
- Pre-calibrated sensors – Saves time and money by quickly replacing the sensors
- Semi-automatic calibration – Easy execution without potentiometer and multimeter
- Temperature-compensated measurement – Fewer false alarms and increased accuracy
- Digital output – communication with building management system via MODBUS
- Analog output – 4-20mA, 0-5V, 0-10V, 1-5V, 2-10V
- Alarm relay – Three relays for one pre- and main alarm and for one fault status
- Visual and audible alarm – Complies with EN378 / ASHRAE 15 without additional hardware
- Cable glands – Quick and easy installation of all connections and connections
- Applications – Monitoring of leaks in e.B. machine rooms, cold stores, cold rooms
- Designed for low temperatures – For temperatures down to -40°C
MGS-400 - simple, flexible & modern
The MGS-450 is a stand-alone device and can be used without an external control unit. The detector can be supplied with housing protection class IP41 or IP66. The equipment highlights include the digital output (MODBUS), three relays (alarm & error) and the analog output as well as the visual and audible alarm. There is a possibility that the detector can be connected to a controller. Even different MGS-400 series detectors can be easily connected to one of the two controllers MGS-402 or MGS-408 via MODBUS in the daisy-chain method. The controller can serve as a power supply for the detectors and so in addition to the signals, the power supply can also be looped from one detector to the next detector.
The MGS-450 can be connected to the building management system via MODBUS and alarms or gas concentrations can be transmitted to the BMS.
The MGS-450 is characterized by easy installation and handling and complies with the applicable legal and safety regulations. In addition to compliance with legal requirements, the use of the modern MGS-400 series offers the advantage that leakage is detected at an early stage. This leads to a better efficiency of the plant and thus reduces costs.
The use of the MGS-400 app simplifies the operation and handling of the detectors, so that users intuitively operate, commission and maintain the system via app without the need for special training or tools.
Smart & Safe Replacement Program - Pre-calibrated sensor modules simplify maintenance because replacement takes only a few minutes and does not require calibration gas.
- R134a, R404A, R407A, R410a, R22, R507A, R407C, R407F, R1234ze, R32, R448A, R452A, R513A, R434A, R450A, R1234yf, R514A, R452B, R454A, R422, R422D, R427A, R449A, R454C
- Carbon dioxide CO2, ammonia NH3
Flammable gases / refrigerants:
- R290 (propane), R600 (butane), R600a (isobutane), R50 (methane), HC-12a
- Carbon monoxide CO, oxygen O2, NO2
If you need to detect other gases, please ask us.
Further technical data - MGS-450:
- Enclosure protection class: IP41 or IP66
- Digital output: MODBUS RTU via RS485
- Analog output: 4-20mA, 0-5V, 0-10V, 1-5V, 2-10V
- Alarm relay: 3 x relays (pre-alarm, main alarm, error); 1A @ 30VDC
- Status indicator: Tri-color LED (green, red, orange)
- Alarm: 72db @ 10cm
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +50°C with the exception of electrochemical sensors
- Humidity: 5 – 90 % RH, non-condensing
- Pressure: 800 – 1100 mbar
- Power supply: 24VDC / 24VAC, 4W (max.)
- Dimensions / Weight: IP41 – 165 x 165 x 77 mm / IP66 – 165 x 165 x 87 mm / 480 g
- Conformity: CE, UL / CSA / IEC EN 61010-1
Scope of delivery
- Gas detector MGS-450
- Operating instructions
IM Env. Equip. Germany GmbH reserves the right to make technical changes.